Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Year of Progress


The time has come....the lovely "Progress Report" time at school. Yes, Laney receives a progress report for her 2 day a week, 3 year old preschool class. This is our first year going to this school, so I'm new to all of the things they do. I must say, I am extremely impressed! For a teacher to take time out of her busy day to evaluate each child and make sure the parents are aware of their child's progress impresses me, especially when it's preschool!

Laney did very well for her first "semester" of 3 year old preschool. She got "U" on almost everything. (U=Usually) The only thing she got an "N" on (N=Not Yet), is participating in singing in class. No, I'm not surprised that she does not participate in singing. She is involved the church choir. When I say, she's involved, I mean that by she goes to the practice to watch everyone sing and play. When it's performance time, she stands up from and looks around. She knows the song, she knows the motions, she just doesn't want to do it. I can't complain about that.

I'm so proud of her (gotta brag a little, I guess) that she can write her own name by herself, give you almost all of the sounds the letters make A-Z, and can recognize all letters in the alphabet (capital and small letters). She knows her birthdate and address. We haven't attempted phone number. I guess my question would be, "What number do I teach her? My cell? Benji's Cell? House?"

Outside of school, Laney is:

She is still in gymnastics once a week and enjoys going, but socializes more than doing anything. She has become more social lately. This past year has been a little challenging for Laney to get her to step out of her comfort zone. So for her to actually go up front at church and stand there....that's huge! She's sparking up conversations with people lately, which is something new for her. She was always one that would answer a question that was asked, but never would talk to a random person about something.

Laney is extremely opinionated about her clothes. This is something that Mom and Laney go round and round about. OK, I get it, she isn't a girly girl that likes the frilly dresses...can't blame her. But come on, who doesn't like leggings? They are the most comfortable things. Ever. Laney doesn't. She would love to wear her jeans or Puma pants with a plain white shirt every.single.day....drives me crazy! I've learned to pick my battles, though. I think she's starting to understand that when we are actually going somewhere, Mom gets to choose. When we're hanging out, she's free to wear what her little heart desires. I'm just glad we got over her obsession with short sleeve shirts and summer PJ (short sleeve and shorts), until next fall, I'm sure!

It's hard to believe I'm planning her 4th birthday party. Where have these 4 years gone? Time flies when you're having fun, right!?!?!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I loved reading her update! What a smart, sweet and sassy little girl :) I can't believe she is going to be 4 either. Time flies so fast sometimes. Thanks for sharing an update! Meg

    ReplyDelete