Friday, June 1, 2012

Kickoff To the Start of Summer

May is over and June is here.  What's that mean!?!?  
SWEET SUMMERTIME!!

We spent the HOT Memorial Day weekend outside.  Not most of the weekend, the entire weekend!!  Grammy's pool definitely came in handy!  Uncle Matt and Aunt Malinda were in town visiting, so it was fun to get to spend the long weekend with them!  

 The pool is open, the weather is warm
We also had Mamaw Dee's 80th birthday celebration!  In honor of her birthday, I put together a book of memories for her.  I mean, really....what do you get her?  So, I typed up a letter and sent it to family and friends asking for a memory they have of my sweet grandma.  The responses that I received were amazing!  She loved the book and it's something she can look through at any time!
 Spending time with family is always fun!
 Cooling off in the pool is always needed
 Family near and far came to play!
 To kick of the start of summer for my kids, I wanted to do something fun for them.  Something that we don't do on a regular basis.  I've started feeling a little guilty about not spending the "quality" time with them that they need and want.  I've learned there are times you have to just let the housework go for the day and just play!  
 So that is what we did!  We rode bikes to Gaiser Park with Tiffany, Charlo, and Betsy and played.  We also took our lunch and had a nice picnic under a big shade tree.  It was a gorgeous day out, not too hot, not too cool!  Perfect park weather!
 We all must make it a point to take time out of our busy schedules to do fun things together.  Whether it is with the kids, a group of friends, or just Benji and I.  It's much needed!  

That is my goal this summer....let's make it as FUN as we can!  
Life is too short to not!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I think you and Laney would have so much fun coming up with a summer to-do list! I made one similar to this last year (Minus the crazy size of the frame and paper. I just trimmed down a 12x12 scrapbook paper into a frame I had and hung it in the kitchen) http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2011/05/summer-to-do-list.html

    They have other cute ideas on Pinterest (like a summer bucket list)

    Enjoy the warm fun days!

    ReplyDelete