Monday, September 3, 2012

A New Challenge

We were first introduced to the Body by Vi Challenge by my brother.  He and my sister-in-law are about half way through their challenge and doing fantastic!  Healthy eating has always been important to us and we are always trying to incorporate new things to the weekly menu.  Dinner always seems to be easy to figure out, but breakfast and lunch seem to be a struggle.  For me, it was grab a granola bar or a bowl of cereal.  And let's be honest, it was a "real" bowl of cereal, not the suggested serving size.  I mean, who really measures 1 cup of cereal and is satisfied!?!?  Lunch was either a peanut butter sandwich (boring) or a 200 calorie frozen pizza (zero nutrients and still hungry).  Regardless what it was I was eating, it always left me feeling hungry and ready for a snack.  

Our challenge consists of drinking protein shakes for breakfast and lunch every day of 90 days.  I will admit, I was pretty skeptical thinking, "Ugh, how boring will that be?"  All of the traditional protein shakes I had were "just OK" but these are delicious.  We are mixing anything from fruit, spices, and pumpkin into these shakes.  Plus, an added benefit is definitely the calcium that I was lacking because I am not a milk drinker.  With my running injury last year, increasing my calcium intake was recommended by the orthopedic doctor.  


So we are 5 days into our challenge.  I am shocked with how satisfied I am after having my shake.  I typically am not hungry until it is time for the next shake.  Which decreases the snacking.  That's a plus.  I'm getting more calcium, more fruit, and less calories....win, win right there!  I suggest anyone who has any interest in getting healthier or wanting to shed a few pounds to give it a try!  I can hook you up with a shake plan that meets your needs!  I will keep everyone posted on how our challenge is going!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment