Friday, May 17, 2013

Seymour Mini 2013

Finally....
This year I was FINALLY able to run in the Annual Seymour Mini Marathon!
Two years ago, I was just starting to run and was happy to complete 4 miles without stopping.  I remember watching Tiffany during the race and think to myself, "Yeah, I doubt I will ever be able to run 13.1 miles"

Fast forward to last year (let's just skip over the November 2011 Monumental where I almost broke my leg!)....I was recovering from my injury and just starting to run short distance (less than 4 miles) so I volunteered to work a SAG station.  It was fun, but it definitely made me want to run 2013!




Now to this year....my training was going great and I had a new goal!  I finished the 2012 Monumental in November with a time of 2:09.  I really wanted to get UNDER 2 hours.  Training was great, minus a few "off" days, but that happens.  

Race day was cool and breezy...perfect running weather, but maybe a little windy.  

I felt great throughout the entire run.  
My legs were a little tight and sore due to a workout a few days prior.  

When I rounded Community Drive (where the start/finish line was), I glanced down at my Garmin and new I was going to hit my goal.  




Finish time:  1:58
I was so excited to get under the 2 hour mark.  Now I have a new time to reach!!  



Bring on the FULL 26.2 in November!!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I'm so proud of you!! Way to go on the awesome time. What an inspiration! I can't wait to run another half. The Disney Princess is a lot of fun but so crowded and not a good race to run for time :) Hoping to do a smaller race this fall! Keep up the good work and sending healthy vibes for your FULL!

    ReplyDelete