Sunday, November 3, 2013

School Friends (Johnny Appleseed Day, First Field Trip)

Now that Laney is in Kindergarten, she gets to participate in field trips and special days at school.  Luckily for us, Mommy has a flexible work schedule and can volunteer at these special events!  Both Kindergarten classes went to Huber's Orchard for her field trip.  This was my first time to get to volunteer and be around 50 five and six year olds.  

These teachers have patience, that's for sure!  


Laney loved that I could be there for her field trip.  


She played with her friends


ate some lunch


and picked out a pumpkin!


My group was a fun group (of course!)


Emerson Elementary Kindergarten Class


One of her favorite things was riding the bus with her mommy!  


Johnny Appleseed Day was also celebrated in October!  


Mommy came and helped serve homemade applesauce that the kids helped make earlier that day

It amazes me how much Laney has matured since the beginning of Kindergarten.  She went from crying every day to riding the bus with her friends.  Mommy was very hesitant to helping out in class because in pre-school, Laney would be glued to my hip during school parties.  She listens to the teacher while Mommy is there, but of course, I get a couple extra hugs from her (and a few of the other kiddos!)  I don't mind, though!  I love it!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment