Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Remembering My Dad

This post will be short and sweet.  I won't give much detail, but just state the horrible facts.  My dad went to be with our Lord just three days ago.  Sunday, April 27, 2014 was definitely the worst day of my life.  No one expects to ever get a phone call with such horrible news.  


My dad passed away unexpectedly due to a heart attack.  These last three days feel like they've taken forever.  It has not only been the worst week of my life, but the longest week too.  


I know it will get easier with time.  At least that is what I'm told.  I believe that.  No, I will NEVER forget him.  I will never forget how wonderful of a Pa he was to Laney and Max.  They already miss him so much.  They don't understand.  How can they?  I don't even understand.  


I'm heartbroken.  I'm tired.  I'm sad.  
But I will continue on because that is what he would want me to do.  


I love you so much, Dad.  You could always bring a smile to my face, whether it was a funny comment or just you walking in the door.  I love you and I already miss you so much.  Until we meet again....
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment