Sunday, April 11, 2010

MAX IS HERE!

We are all so excited to announce Max Charles Reinhart is finally here!! After nine LONG months of waiting, the little man decided to arrive early. Of course, Mom was completely fine with that! I'm still in the hospital and figured I would update the blog, but unfortunately, I cannot post pictures since my camera doesn't connect to the laptop. Pictures are coming soon....

It all started on Friday evening. I started having mild contraction around 6:30ish. They just weren't really consistant...ranging from 3-6 min apart. I debated on going to the hospital for a couple hours, but finally decided around 10 to head up there.

Once we arrived at the hospital, I was dialated 4.5 cm. The nurse hooked me up to monitor the contractions and to see how I was progressing. An hour later she checked me again, and I was dialated a 5. I was really hoping they wouldn't send me home. I wasn't in any pain, just uncomfortable. Dr Perry arrived at 11:45 and broke my water. I was planning on getting an epidural, but didn't want to get one too early. I told the nurse to hold off calling for the epidural until she checked me again. However, the pain started getting more intense, so I ended up getting one at 1:45 am. She checked me again at 2 and I was dialated a 9.5....no wonder I was in pain! Dr Perry came into the room and two pushes later, Max was there!

We were all surprised to see how big Max was....8 lbs, 10 oz and 21 inches long! He has a good amount of brown hair, nothing like Laney's when she was born, but that's pretty hard to compete with. Max is perfectly healthy and both of us are doing great!

We are hoping to go home tomorrow morning. Once I get home and get the pictures uploaded, I will post some for everyone to see, so stay tuned!


post signature

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congratulations! 2 pushes...that is great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and Welcome to the World Max!! We can't wait to meet the newest addition. We will let you guys get settled then we will come to visit. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I know, 2 pushes - heck yeah! Hope you guys are doing great. Post a pic soon! Get some rest, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts too...TWO PUSHES??! What a woman! Sounds like a nice healthy boy you have there! So excited to see pictures! CONGRATS and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy your time off with your newest addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You are a lucky woman....2 pushes! We can't wait to see little Max. Take it easy and let me know if you need anything.

    Love, The Skidmore's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on little Max! I can not wait to see pictures...Does he look like Laney? Enjoy having a newborn again! I can't wait to see Laney being a big sister!

    ReplyDelete