Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fun Days With Miss Laney

Before Max was born, I had a plan that while on maternity leave, I would schedule a few special days where it was just me and Laney. I knew that having a new baby around would take up a lot of my time, which would then mean less attention for Laney. Let's face it, Laney is used to getting a lot of attention at the drop of a hat! And we love giving it to her! There were a few things I had in mind to do that I knew she would enjoy. Things that involved her best bud, Charlo and Tiff. These things were going to not only be fun, but there wouldn't be ANY babies around to take away the attention these two kiddos need!

Our first little fieldtrip was the the fire station to see Pappy! Laney loves going to see him there, but Charlo had never been. I knew he would enjoy going to see the big fire trucks, hearing the sirens, and seeing the flashing lights. Boy, was I right...they both loved it! After our fun afternoon there, we treated the kids to Dairy Queen! Nothing beats spending the afternoon with my little girl and sharing a DQ Blizzard with her!


Pappy explaining the fire truck to Charlo and Laney

Laney said she wants to work at the fire station!

Laney and Charlo sharing the driving seat

These two firekids will protect us!
(you might need to look carefully to see their little hats in the window!)

Our next adventure was to the Kids Commons in Columbus. For those of you who have kids around our area, you must take them here. I will admit, Laney and Charlo were probably a little young for it, but they still had a blast. I would say it is more geared towards 4 and older. But our little ones still had a good time.


It's hard to tell in this picture, but there is a huge bubble surrounding us. Laney looks terrified!

Playing in the bubble room and showing them how to make big bubbles

Tiffany and Charlo on the toilet slide! It's a huge toilet that is a tube slide inside. When the person is far enough down the slide, you hear a flushing noise so you know it's safe to head down. It was so cool!

Laney and Mommy sittin on the toilet!

Laney and Charlie were playing with the balls and the pipes. They loved it when the air would suck the balls up out of their hands!

Tiffany and Laney were going down to the lower floor.

Laney thought these were so fun

They really enjoyed the teeter totter

2 points!

What a fun morning they had!

Today is my first day back to work from my maternity leave. I only took 5 weeks off (was supposed to be 4, but I went a week early with Max), but have enjoyed all 5 weeks home with my kids. I really do admire those stay-at-home moms out there. It's really a tough job. As much as I've loved being with Laney and Max, I am looking forward to going back to work. I honestly feel that working makes me a better Mom. It gives me more patience with my kids and makes me treasure our times together even more. Although I am heading back to work today, don't feel too sorry for me! I'm only working a few hours this week and next week before hitting it hard with my normal schedule (only 3 days a week!). I'm sure I would feel completely different about going back to work if I had to work 40 hours a week. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful job that I can control my schedule around my family.

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment