Monday, October 10, 2011

18 Months....Already!?!?!

Has it really been 18 months that this little guy came into our lives? I spent tonight thinking about these last 18 months and what joy he has brought to our lives. Eighteen months ago, I was at the hospital enjoying one on one time with Max while Benji was at home with Laney. Eighteen months ago, I was starting all over on nursing. Eighteen months ago, I was losing even more sleep. Eighteen months ago, this handsome little guy became my son!

Our lives couldn't have improved more 18 months ago! Laney became a sister and Benji & I became a Mommy & Daddy of TWO kiddos! Before Max was born, I really didn't know what to expect being a mother of two. Now, I can't imagine my life without him. On days where he is not with me and I just have Laney, I think to myself, "Wow, this is what having one child was like?!" I don't even remember it!
So at 18 months, you may wonder what Max is up to....well to sum it up he is full of smiles, full of laughter, and all boy!! Max enjoys books and blocks. He loves playing with his toy cars & tractors! He imitates how a car/tractor goes pretty good! "Vvrroomm!" He has also become more interested in coloring. Max can point to his body parts (when he wants to, of course!), follows directions very well (is learning to pick up toys, take dirty clothes to laundry room, etc), and is doing extremely well with his fork and spoon when eating (still messy, of course!). Max now has 8 visible teeth, but 3 new ones starting to break through! Max's vocabulary is really expanding lately and he has just started putting 2 words together. His favorite...."new shoes" :)

Max is still sleeping 12 hours (or more!) at night and taking one long afternoon nap (2-3 hrs). Sometimes a short morning nap is needed, though. He loves playing with Laney and going wherever she is and playing with whatever she is playing with! She loves the attention she gets from him, usually! Max also goes to storytime at the library once a week, which he loves!! He also goes to "open gym" once a week to play with other kids. It's at Girls' Inc (yes, boys can go there for open gym!) and he gets to run, jump on trampolines, do obstacle courses, but most importantly, burn some energy while having fun with Mommy & other kiddos! Both storytime and open gym are while Laney is at preschool. Mommy is glad that she is able to spend some one on one time with her little guy!

Max has his 18 month appointment next week, so I will post how he measures up afterwards! What a joy these last 18 months have been!! Max, we love you more than life itself!
On a side note, I must tell you that during me writing this blog, Max woke up SCREAMING! I went in there to find him just wanting Mommy to hold him. Maybe that was his way of saying, "This is what it was like 18 months ago!"

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment