Sunday, October 9, 2011

Enjoying Fall

Ever since Laney was first born, we've made it a tradition to take her to a pumpkin patch. Last year was our first year to Apple Works and we loved it, so decided to head back there again this year! Max definitely enjoyed it more this year than last year. I am pretty sure last year he was stuck in the stroller or baby Bjorn carrier the entire day. Not this year....he was running, playing, laughing, and being ALL BOY! Grammy got to tag along with us this year, which made the day even more enjoyable!
We posed for so many pictures, but how is it possible to get a 3 1/2 year old and an 18 month old to look at you at the same time, let alone give me a cute smile!?!? I'm not sure how professional photographers do it!
But we snapped some pictures. Some are good, some not so much
But it really doesn't matter because we have the memories from our fun Fall day at Apple Works!
This little guy is a man of many looks...he's almost always happy
But occasionally he will show you his "silly face"
He's becoming such a big boy, but he's still my baby. He'll always be my baby. Benji says I baby him more than I ever did with Laney. I don't think so, but whatever...if I do, I do. He says all Mom's baby their boys and are harder on girls. We'll see. As these kiddos get older, time will tell!
OK, back to our fun day. I was a little hesitant on going today. I really like going when the weather is more "fallish" but it was still a great day. Maybe a little warmer than I would have liked, but definitely better than super cold!
We enjoyed spending time as a family, and that's what it's all about!
Laney met a couple of boys while we were there. They were comparing their "tattoos" and explaining to each other what they were. It was pretty cute!
The train ride is a must for anyone who visits. The line is long, but worth the wait. Although my legs are still a little cramped from the tight fit!
The slide was the favorite by Miss Laney Bug. I knew she would go down it. She's our little dare devil!
This guy, not so much!
She's super cute, we just can't get enough of her (usually!)
Finally, time to find the perfect pumpkins to paint and carve. Daddy found what he wanted right off the bat. No searchin' all day for him!
Grammy and Max took a little longer to find their ideal pumpkin
but this little girl looked and looked until she found just the one she wanted. After changing her mind several times, we went with the very first one she picked. Isn't that how it always goes?
He just enjoyed roaming around and falling down several times...he's tough, though!
Too cute not to take a picture of this. Unfortunately, Mr Max wasn't fond of being up there and took a tumble seconds after this was snapped
We started getting sleepy on the hayride back from the patch. Might as well take a snooze.
And Miss Thing was out once she hit the carseat.
A great day was had by all! We can't wait to go back again next year!
Happy Fall!!!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big Max has gotten! Oh my - they are both doll babies! Looks like SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete