Thursday, February 21, 2013

She's FIVE!!!!

I find myself saying this every year....how can she be "blank" years old?  I also find myself telling Benji, or thinking to myself, "Five years (whatever Laney's age is) ago, I was...." It's hard to believe our little girl is five!  And boy is she proud to be five!  She jumped out of the car yesterday to go to school and said, "I'm FIVE!" to Mrs. Joray.  She also was hoping she was as big as Kendall at school, now that she's five.  (Kendall is already 5, so I guess she thinks she grew over night)


We had the best day ever with Laney and Max!  I always take the kids' birthday's off, but this year, we were lucky enough to have Daddy join us!!  He said he was going to try to do that also every year.  We started off the morning with our traditional pancake birthday breakfast, then opened some awesome gifts from Mommy, Daddy, and Max!


Once we all got ready, we loaded up the car and headed to Greenwood for the day!


We had a lot on our agenda for the day....shopping, Build A Bear, lunch, Monkey Joe's, and Target (per Laney's request!)


Laney and Max both built their stuffed animal at Build A Bear....both chose to make dogs.  Laney named her dog Woof Woof and Max named his Reese (as in the Reese cup!).  It's much better than his original idea for his dog, which was "Turkey" 


After Build A Bear, shopping, and lunch, we headed up to Monkey Joe's for the kids to burn some energy!  I can't say it enough....I love that place!  The kids love it even more!


I wish I could go down that slide!


Seeing that huge smile on her face all day made my entire week!  Notice the sticker on her shirt that says she's five! 


We ended the fun day at Chili's (Laney's request).  Grammy and Pappy joined us for dinner to celebrate the big birthday girl!  On a side note, we always go to El Nopal for birthday dinners, but Laney did not want to go there this year because, and I quote, "Victor isn't there anymore"  

Happy 5th Birthday Laney DeeAnn!  
post signature

1 comment:

  1. get great age!I know once I get her panties off we can make each other fell reaaaalllllly good

    ReplyDelete