Monday, March 8, 2010

Half Way Done with Lent!!!

As most of you know, I am not Catholic, but Benji is. Ever since Benji and I started dating...oh 13 years ago....I became more aware about what lent was about. This year, several friends have asked me, "What are you giving up for lent?" My first response...."Um, I am giving up alcohol for NINE LONG MONTHS....isnt' that enough?!" The more I thought about it, the more I felt like I really should give up something good. In the past, it's been candy, sweets, or pizza. BUT, this year, I have decided to give up eating after dinner. Let me tell you, it has been a struggle. I hate blaming things on pregnancy, but for those women who have been pregnant, sometimes there are times where you just can't get enough to eat. There have been several times where I look at Benji and say, "I wanna eat, I'm cheating!" Of course, he says to go ahead and cheat cause that was stupid to give up anyways being pregnant and all. But, I'm proud to say, I have not cheated...YET! I am just happy to say that lent is half way over and pretty soon I can start having my popcorn or apples or animal crackers (that's what I usually want!) after dinner!

What did Benji give up, you might ask??? Hard alcohol! HA...I told him to suck it up and give up all alcohol (like me!). His response, "Can't, it's NCAA tournament during lent." Give me a break.....

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Haha! You two are hilarious!! I'm so glad to see things have not changed :) Keep up the good work! I wouldn't be able to do it. I love my couple pieces of chocolate at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're better than me...I gave up facebook for Lent...but obviously I didn't. Booo to me.

    ReplyDelete