Sunday, March 14, 2010

Laney's New Room!

So I am finally taking pictures of Laney's new room. I was about to take some pictures and post pictures of Max's room, then realized that I hadn't even done Laney's room yet.

This is entering Laney's room. We decided to get her a new bed instead of using the one we had, which was a full size bed. Her bedroom is fairly small, so we figured it would only be fair to her to have more room to play than a big bed. Let's face it, her twin bed is HUGE to her compared to a crib!


I've been very fortunate to have a daughter with TONS of hair...thick hair, too! I mean, what Mom doesn't love having a girl with lots of hair, but being a hairstylist AND having a daughter with great hair is definitely a bonus! Here are just a few of her many hair bows! The bottom collection came from Gymboree (love their korker bows!) and the top section came from a friend that is starting her own business of making baby/kid items! She's super talented!!

When I decided on the bedding and colors I was using, I found this wall art and just had to have it for Miss Laney's room. It not only matches perfect, but it is what every parent hopes their child's days are like!

Here is her toy area....her new kitchen that Santa got her for Christmas is a favorite!

Her new dresser with, imagine this, lots of clothes in it! The closet is full and the dresser is full! The child has more clothes than she needs, but I keep on buying them, so I can't say much about that! The ladybug on her dresser is a nightlight/constellation light. At night, she likes to have her "stars" on.

These are her "musts" for bedtime. I seriously think if we did not have either of these things, it would be a loooonnnngggg night. "Teddy" has been with her since she was 2 weeks old and she got "Bernal" for her first trip to the Indianapolis Zoo. She picked out the elephant and we named him Bernie because the company that makes him came from Burnie, MD. Of course, she put her own little spin on his name, so it stuck! And, the "fishies" is her aquarium that she's had since she was born. We're wondering if she'll ever grow out of liking the music on it...who knows, maybe she'll have it in her dorm room in college!
Stay tuned this week for Max's room!!

post signature


2 comments:

  1. Darling! Once again, I wish I had your creative gene! Laney is a really lucky girl to have such a special room. Can't wait to see Max's room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im cracking up at the... maybe she'll have it in her dorm room in college. Hope has the turtle with the stars and he sleeps in her crib with her each night. It's funny how they find little "loveys" they have to have. I love her room. It's adorable! So bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete